Music and Concerts
Throughout the academic year, Ursinus music students present concerts and recitals for the benefit of the campus, local and regional communities. The public is invited to attend all events, which you will find listed on our Music Calendar and in the On Campus brochure.
Performances by the following groups are given at least once a semester:
- Meistersingers--a choral group open by audition to all students.
- Ursinus College Choir, a large choral ensemble comprising students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Ursinus Wind Ensemble, a large instrumental group comprising students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Ursinus Jazz Ensemble, a big band open by audition to all students.
In addition to performances by official Music Department ensembles, the college also hosts a variety of other events:
- The Heefner Organ Recital Series featuring College Organist Alan Morrison and world-renowned performers, with two concerts per semester on the Heefner Memorial Organ in Bomberger Hall.
- Music at Noon, a series of impromptu recitals where students involved in music making, officiall or unofficially, perform.
- Concerts by Voices-in-Praise the student-run gospel choir, usually once per semester.
- Performances by the Bearitones and the B-Naturals, student run men's and women's close-harmony groups.