Assistant Director, Operations – Facilities Services
Ursinus College seeks a highly qualified and experienced collaborative leader to join the college as Assistant Director, Operations for Facilities Services. The Assistant Director is the second in charge of Facilities Services and reports directly to the Director of facilities and Community Relations. The overriding objective for the Operations Manager is responsibility for the day-to-day workings of Facilities Services in support of the college’s mission. The Operations manager will be a dynamic leader of the college’s maintenance staff comprised of in-house, skilled trades and grounds staff and service partners. The manager will employ available resources to effectively maintain the college’s physical assets and serve the college community. The manager will partner with various campus constituents to maintain campus operations and accomplish special projects. The new Assistant Director will begin no later than December 15 2014. For more detailed information about this position, visit our website at www.ursinus.edu/hr.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished professional with significant experience (5-7 years) in facilities management, preferably in higher education, especially in private, liberal arts. The Operations manager will have a track record that includes:
- A record of leadership and success in managing teams responsible for physical asset maintenance and construction.
- An effective community leader, able to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies.
- A broad vision for the future of facilities management and demonstrated success in implementing modern systems.
- A successful record of creating innovative approaches in organizational efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively manage a budget in an environment of limited funding and resources.
- Commitment to high performance and results, especially in areas that can be measured.
- A commitment to sustainable practices in operations and construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related field, preferring mechanical, electrical or architectural.
Nominations and Inquiries:
The Facilities Services Operations Manager search committee will begin reviewing applications in October and aims to develop a list of finalists by early November. Applications will be received and considered until the position is filled. Applications must include a letter of interest, resume, five professional references with email and telephone numbers (references will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant). Applications and nominations should be sent electronically (MS Word or Adobe pdf preferred) to the Human Resources Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the position may be directed to: Andrew Feick, Facilities Services Operations Manager Search Committee Chair, Director of Facilities & Community Relations, via email to email@example.com.
Ursinus College is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. As such, Ursinus College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic in any student program or activity administered by the college or with regard to admission or employment.