Posters must be submitted to Tech Support at least 3 working days before needed.
There is a $15 charge for basic posters. Posters requiring more ink and/or glossy paper start at $20.
Note: Charges to students may be waived in certain special circumstances where the poster is for a specific academic requirement or activity. Waivers will only be granted upon the request of a faculty member on behalf of the student. While waivers cannot be granted for all academic or course-related work, there are circumstances where Tech support can make arrangements with academic departments to cover the costs.
All poster requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
Guidelines for Poster Printing, Creation, and Presentations
(Download or View Guidelines in PowerPoint Slide Show format (PowerPoint not required)
Guidelines - Format (in PowerPoint)
- You must create the slide and set the size before adding content
- Sizing the poster in PowerPoint
- Average Poster Size – 28’’ x 40’’ (inches)
Elements of your poster
Sample Poster Example
Blank Poster Template
Things to Remember
- Your poster should be stand alone
- Font should be readable from 3’ away (feet)
- Bullets keep people’s attention more than putting your whole paper on the poster
- View menu – Grid and Guides allows you to align and space properly
Guidelines - Font
- No smaller than 20pt
- Title should be at least 60pt
- Be careful of fancy, elaborate, script or any font that may be hard to read from a distance…remember that simpler is almost always better
Guidelines - Color
- Light backgrounds with dark text work best
- Watch color combinations
- Images on your screen reproduce differently on a poster
Guidelines - Graphics
- Graphs – good
- Clip art – if tasteful
- Photos work – just don’t use too many
- Make sure any extra picture or clipart you use is related to your specific topic and is not too general
Websites for Additional Info
Location: Myrin Lower Level