These prestigious awards are bestowed upon a select group of graduates each year for their professional accomplishments, humanitarian efforts, exemplary loyalty to Ursinus College and/or excellence in the field of education. Nominate an Ursinus alumnus or alumna who deserves to be recognized.
AWARDS & CRITERIA:
Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
This award recognizes an individual who has reached significant professional achievements through exemplary leadership. Achievements may be specific to a chosen career, industry or entrepreneurial quest. Consideration is also given to the nominee’s contributions to his or her community and the College.
Alumni Award for Service to Humanity
This award recognizes an individual who has exhibited outstanding service to society; it pays tribute for time volunteered for the benefit of a community or non-profit institutions. Contributions may have been made at local, state or national levels.
The Rising Star Alumni Award
This award recognizes an accomplished graduate of the past 10 years for his/her significant contributions to and leadership in the recipient’s profession, his/her community and/or Ursinus College.
Senior Alumni Award
This award recognizes two graduating seniors, who based on their undergraduate career, show promise of making significant contributions to and leadership in their careers, their community and/or Ursinus College. One award is presented to a female and one is presented to a male.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL ALUMNI AWARDS:
- Recipients must have received a degree from Ursinus College, with the exception of Senior Alumni Awards.
- Only one award may be presented annually in each category, with the exception of Senior Alumni Awards, for which two awards will be presented annually.
- Current members of the College’s Board of Trustees, Alumni Awards Selection Committee and current employees of the College may not be considered for these awards.
- Attendance at the presentation ceremony is a pre-requisite for receiving an Alumni Award.
- Nominations will be solicited from alumni, students, faculty and staff well in advance of the award presentation. These nominations will be collected via our nomination form; additional letters of support will also be accepted.
- The nomination deadline is January 17. Award recipients, their nominators and the College community will be notified by February 28.
- A selection committee will review all of the nominations.
- Special consideration will be given to nominees who are celebrating milestone reunion years.
- The record of a nominee shall be maintained in a carry-over file and considered for two years, after which a person must be re-nominated to be considered.
2014 Alumni Awards Ceremony
Saturday, April 26, at 2 p.m.
Check back in the coming months for additional information and registration.
2013 ALUMNI AWARD RECIPIENTS:
Robert E. Keehn III '70 – Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
Joan Bradley Parlee '57 – Alumni Award for Service to Humanity
Ronald A. Algeo '91 – Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin Educator Award
Geoffrey S. Brace '03 – The Rising Star Alumni Award
Corey J. Barkers '13 and Madeline K. McEvily '13 – Senior Alumni Award