These prestigious awards are bestowed upon a select group of graduates each year for their professional accomplishments, humanitarian efforts, exemplary loyalty to Ursinus College and/or excellence in the field of education.
nominations open JULY 1 thru September 1.
To nominate an alumnus or alumna that fits the criteria below, submit the Nomination Form.
AWARDS & CRITERIA:
Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
This award recognizes an individual who has reached significant professional achievements through exemplary leadership. Achievements may be specific to a chosen career, industry or entrepreneurial quest. Consideration is also given to the nominee’s contributions to his or her community and the College.
Alumni Award for Service to Humanity
This award recognizes an individual who has exhibited outstanding service to society; it pays tribute for time volunteered for the benefit of a community or non-profit institutions. Contributions may have been made at local, state or national levels.
Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin Educator Award
This award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions in the field of education. This award is named for Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin based on their commitment to education and Ursinus College.
The Rising Star Alumni Award
This award recognizes an accomplished graduate of the past 10 years for significant contributions to and leadership in the recipient’s profession, community and/or Ursinus College.
Senior Alumni Award
This award recognizes two seniors, who based on their undergraduate career, show promise of making significant contributions to and leadership in their careers, their community and/or Ursinus College. One award is presented to a female and one is presented to a male.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL ALUMNI AWARDS:
- Recipients must be alumni, meaning they have received a degree from Ursinus College, with the exception of Senior Alumni Awards which are given to students from the current Senior Class.
- Only one award may be presented annually in each category, with the exception of Senior Alumni Awards, for which two awards will be presented annually.
- Current members of the College’s Board of Trustees, Alumni Awards Selection Committee and current employees of the College may not be considered for these awards.
- Attendance at the presentation ceremony is a pre-requisite for receiving an Alumni Award.
- Nominations will be solicited from alumni, students, faculty and staff well in advance of the award presentation. These nominations will be collected via our nomination form; additional letters of support will also be accepted.
- The nomination deadline is August 1. Award recipients, their nominators and the College community will be notified by mid-March.
- A selection committee will review all of the nominations.
- Special consideration will be given to nominees who are celebrating milestone reunion years.
- The record of a nominee shall be maintained in a carry-over file and considered for two years, after which a person must be re-nominated to be considered.
Mark your calendars for the
2015 ALUMNI AWARDS CEREMONY
Saturday, April 25, at 2 p.m.
Lenfest Theater, Kaleidoscope Performing Arts Center
During Alumni Weekend 2015
2014 ALUMNI AWARD HONOREES
William Daggett '62 – Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
Alexander Peay '09 – Alumni Award for Service to Humanity
Martin Dresner '61 – Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin Educator Award
Roger Lee '10 – The Rising Star Alumni Award
Jerry Gares '14 and Zeba Hussaini '14 – Senior Alumni Award