Residence Life & Sustainability
The Residence Life Office seeks to cultivate sustainable practices within our residential spaces that are environmentally aware, socially conscious, and fiscally responsible. Whenever possible, we incorporate alternative practices and procedures to minimize our environmental footprint. We believe that sustainable living is a priority that is essential to the personal growth of students and staff. We are committed to:
- Promote and model sustainability
- Work to reduce our energy consumption and thus our carbon footprint
- Work to reduce our water consumption
As part of our commitment to sustainability, we partner regularly with the UC Office of Sustainability.
New This Year
- We have included sustainable/green options in our “What to Bring” list to guide students to be greener with their purchases.
- This year, Residence Life will partner with the UC Office of Sustainability to pilot an EcoReps program.