Web Developer & Systems Administrator Information Technology
Summary & Scope of Position:
The Web Developer & Systems Administrator will have the following key responsibilities; maintain and develop the college’s Linux/Unix server environment, support the development of the college’s web presence and support the expansion of the college’s use of open source software. This is a new position joining 16 other full time IT professionals in the college’s Information Technology department.
The position will report to the Director of Network Systems and Infrastructure and will work on cross-departmental project teams to provide high availability and flexible web infrastructure to support the college’s mission to enable students to become independent, responsible, and thoughtful individuals through a program of liberal education.
- Manage college web servers.
- Maintain server operations and install upgrades and modules as needed. This includes the Linux OS, Apache web server, SQL databases, PHP programming environment, and LiveWhale CMS. Troubleshoot server problems as needed.
- Develop PHP applications and CMS modules to extend functionality of web site.
- Support other servers, such as WordPress, and other emerging technologies as needed.
- Degree or relevant experience in computer programming and server administration
- Experience configuring, maintaining and developing in a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) environment
- Experience working with content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal
- Understanding of web practices and standards, including accessibility
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment with others of varying skills and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Additional Desired Skills:
- Proficient using graphic design and photo manipulation software such as Photoshop
- Familiar with Google Analytics and search engine optimization practices
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Experience sharing content between systems using APIs, RSS, XML, etc.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and list of three references to the Human Resources Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ursinus College is an AA/EO Employer and committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. As such, Ursinus College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic in any student program or activity administered by the college or with regard to admission or employment.