Student Employment

New Hires

All newly hired students (i.e., you have never been on the Ursinus College payroll system) must complete several forms and provide documentation to the Business Office to satisfy IRS and INS requirements, including:

  • Your original social security card. A receipt from a Social Security office indicating you have ordered your card will be accepted. However, you must return with the card as soon as it arrives.
    • NOTE: Nonresident alien students intending to work on campus must also obtain either a social security card or tax identification number from the Social Security Administration. Contact Paula Alverez (X4339), Study Abroad and International Student Advisor, for details.
  • I-9 Form,providing both your identity and right to work in the United States. Examples of acceptable documentation include:
    • Driver’s license AND social security card
    • Passport. Appropriate visas required for non-US passport holders.
      • NOTE: Even if you provide a passport, you must still show your social security card to fulfill IRS regulations.
  • W-4 tax withholding form

Graduated Students

Students continuing employment after graduation must be moved to the staff bi-weekly payroll or administrative monthly payroll, depending on their position. Supervisors must contact:

Kelley Williams (x3589)
Human Resources
Corson Hall