Summer 2010 REU
Students: Sara Abdelmageed, Jonathan Lowden, Lloyd Tannenbaum, Anderson Garron, Neil Basu, Alison Nolan, Ryan Lehman, Michael Bruckel
Mentors: Mohammed Yahdi, April Kontostathis, Akshaye Dhawan
Comments from student participants:
• A chance to interact with students from around the US and work together to focus solely on research.
• It was independently challenging and got me out to conferences to present the work that I did.
• I liked the experience I gained from the REU. Also, I could not trade the friends and networking I made this summer.
• I enjoyed being able to focus on just our research with my team and my advisor. I enjoyed how well we worked together and I enjoyed presenting every Friday.
• I was not even considering graduate school before the Ursinus REU program, but now I'm applying to graduate schools and will be attending one in the fall.
• The success of my research will help when applying to grad schools, and it helped me decide which path I wanted to take after completing my undergrad degree.
• The REU made me realize that I definitely wanted to pursue a masters in applied mathematics and apply math to real world situation
• It was after getting involved with research that I saw that I would rather be researching so I changed my career plan from Medical School to graduate school. I am very grateful to have received this opportunity and to have been able to see what I wanted to do with the rest of my life!