Student Jobs in Admission
Overnight Tour guide Intern
- Set up classes, meetings with people on campus, tours and interviews in admission office, lunch with students
- Communicate with prospective students and their families via phone and email to coordinate their visits in a timely fashion
- Communicate with student hosts regarding their visits and make sure you set them up together
- Other duties as assigned by director, Diana Clavin
- 5-10 hours per week (spring may be more due to busier time with students making final decisions)
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, ability to present Ursinus in a positive way
- Preferable experience in other admission positions
Head Tour guide
Head Tour Guide is the student position in the Admissions Office that manages the tour guides. Your responsibilities include arranging the Fall and Spring schedules every semester, training new tour guides, lining up all of the tour guides for open houses and other special events, creating annual photo books for the Admissions staff to know the faces of the tour guides, monitoring the tour guide attendances, completing all tour guide timesheets, and ensuring our tour guides are doing a great job. The number of hours will vary week to week based on what events are going on in Admissions, but on average the hours usually range from 5-10 hours a week.
Office assistantS (Front desk Or Application Support)
- Open and sort mail.
- Retrieve application files to match with correspondence received in mail.
- Retrieve application files for scheduled interviews.
- Confirm visit appointments via telephone.
- Write out visit confirmation cards.
- Assist with coordination of Red and Gold events.
- Maintain inventory of lobby publications, brochures and various printed materials.
- Fill-in at front desk - if necessary, to greet guests and assist with visits.
Attention to detail and willingness to interact with guests is helpful.
- Assist with mailings of letters and info to prospects.
- Prepare file folders for applications.
- Maintain application files throughout the admission process
- Retrieve files to update records as well as replace files on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain correspondence file.
- Maintain and organize inventory of publications in storage closet.
- Deliver correspondence and/or retrieve information from various departments on campus as needed.
Great attention to detail and excellent alphabetizing skills are very important.
Senior Fellow Intern
The Admission Office is looking for Senior Fellows for Summer 2013 and the 2013-2014 academic year. Senior Fellows are integral members of our Admission team and will help in many aspects of recruiting a freshman class.
- Conduct information sessions
- Interview students
- Other office assistance as needed
Nominations for the position are sought from faculty, staff, and coaches. Juniors are also welcome to self-nominate. A separate application and resume are required prior to being invited to interview for the position. Interviews will take place in late February and the final selection will be completed in March. Applications are due February 15th.
This position requires:
- A high level of maturity to handle prospective students and families, to be evaluative of students, and to understand the long range goals of the College as they relate to acceptance of individual students.
- Strong interpersonal skills. For many families the Senior Fellow will be their first point of contact at Ursinus.
- Knowledge of Ursinus, our academic programs, student life and residential life.
- Be dependable and on time.
Extensive training will be provided, along with a manual of information that must be learned.
Hours may vary greatly from week to week and may be flexible. The busiest time with the most demand is July through November, and again in March and April. Five Saturdays are required during the academic year.
For an application or if you have any questions, please contact,
Associate Director of Admission