student employment - TECH SUPPORT
Audio/Visual setups & breakdowns
To perform Audio/Visual setups and breakdowns Monday-Sunday at certain times of the days and nights. May include basic maintenance and basic repairs. This position requires a person that can work with minimum supervision / dependable and can work with people's needs. The student would preferably have some skill and knowledge base, but we are willing to train the right person. Must be willing to learn.
Bomberger AV Technician
The NOC group is looking for two students to help this summer. This is the Indiana Jones of Summer Jobs. Working for us will send you exploring the campus, going deep into the mysterious world of the computer network infrastructure. All without the whips or poison darts. It is a great opportunity to learn about the care and feeding of computer networks. While we appreciate folk with a background in computers, it is not required. We will train you with what you need to succeed. Interested parties should send an email message including their resume, a brief description of their work experience using computers, and a list of times they are available for an interview to John Daggett firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews start immediately as we hope to fill the two positions quickly.
- The Network Assistant will perform routine checking of network data and CATV connections.
- Testing and installation of data and CATV cables and network devices.
- Test and diagnose data and wireless communication problems.
- Assist in maintaining network documentation.
- Assist as necessary the Sr Network Engineer.
- Applicants must be able to push, pull, and lift weights of at least 30 pounds.
- Able and willing to work on ladders, in wiring closets and mechanical rooms.
- Must be able to read and interpret color codes.
- Must be able work independently as required.
- Must conduct oneself properly as a representative of Information Technology.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and documentation skills required.
- Strong familiarity with the layout of the entire campus required.
- At least one year of prior employment with Information Technology strongly preferred.
- All necessary skills will be taught in on-the-job training sessions.
- Flexible Schedule.
- Hourly Wages.
12 weeks, May 16th thru August 5th, 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday thru Friday.
Clothing, long pants, close toed shoes, no holes or inappropriate messages.
Troubleshoot and repair computers and technology resources for the campus community. Assist in Audio/Visual requests as needed.
Answer questions, resolve computer problems via telephone or in person at the Tech Center. May provide assistance concerning the use of hardware and software, including printing, installation, electronic mail and operating systems.
FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
1. Provide first-tier user support functions.
2. Open work order tickets in the Track-It system and assist in resolution of problems.
3. Maintain work orders on hardware repair for the Laptop Tracking System.
4. Provide maintenance and support of public printers and computers.
Requirements: Strong sense of responsibility, good people skill and ability to interact with users and communicate effectively.
New Student Techs will be developing an understanding of Tech Center procedures, campus networks, and hardware and software troubleshooting with the assistance of Senior Student Technicians and Information Technology staff.
Helpful knowledge: Understanding of basic PC and networking functions, basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
Some lifting might be required from time to time.
Web Content Student Associate
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills- You love to write & share ideas
- Net Savvy- You utilize, understand and are captivated by social networking sites and all things web 2.0
- Quickly pick-up new technology
- Ability to show very close attention to detail, take initiative, follow directions & work independently
- Assist with social networking presence for Ursinus College including Facebook updates
- Assist with maintenance and routine updates of Ursinus College website
- Create parts and pages for Ursinus website
- Photo management / editing for web
- Archiving pages / newsletters/ videos on Ursinus website
- Stay current and identify new opportunities and technologies which would be appropriate for Ursinus College admissions and Alumni web sites.
- Assist with production on videos and slideshows to post online
- Notify supervisor if not able to complete a project that week.
- Complete training in Blackbaud NetCommunity
- Perform duties responsibly and professionally.
- Exhibit respect and professionalism
- Communicate any challenges in a timely manner
- Fun working environment
- Develop substantive skills and experience with Content Management Systems and Project Management
- Learn web- related information for personal use