Student Employment - Student Life
The LGBTQA Connection Associate reports to the Assistant Dean of Students and provides administrative support and programming leadership to the newly created Ursinus LGBTQA Connection. This position requires an individual with creative vision, strong interpersonal skills and outstanding writing ability in order to create and develop new initiatives and sustainable programs. While all tasks will be with strong supervisory oversight, a significant amount of independent work is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and maintain a resource directory involving topics relating to sexuality and gender identity.
• Assist with implementation of a Ally program for students, faculty and staff.
• Assess college literature, policy statements, and marketing material to be sure all information is LGBTQA inclusive.
• Assist with development of an LGBTQA leadership program, particularly to provide support for LGBTQA first-year students.
• Utilize social media outlets to demonstrate support and awareness of LGBTQA events and issues:
o Maintain UC web page and Facebook page to include current events, resources, etc.
o Create and maintain LGBTQA blog.
o Establish visibility in regular outlets such as the Ursinus Magazine, monthly
• Develop new initiatives for education, training, and support for LGBTQA students in traditionally under-represented areas (i.e., athletics, Greek life).
• Develop assessment tool to evaluate campus resources for LGBTQ students.
• Attend bi-weekly one on one meetings with the Assistant Dean of Students
• Other duties, as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Students
• Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Good academic and disciplinary standing with the college
• Stipend: $600/semester
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume (including reference list), and a brief writing sample to:
Assistant Dean of Students