New Student Letter - Moving In August 2, 2012
Dear New Student:
Welcome to your first semester at Ursinus College! All of us on the Faculty and Staff are excited to greet you in just over three weeks. I am including some important information regarding your check in and move in process.
Thursday, August 23, 2012 from 9 AM to 12:00 PM
Field House, located in Floy Lewis Bakes Center. Enter campus through the Ninth Avenue entryway.
Check-in and Move-in
- Receive personalized instruction list upon entering the Field House.
- Complete any incomplete financial aid information and business. All balances must be settled.
- Submit Health Record form, Online Health Insurance Enrollment/Waiver form, and Meningococcal Vaccine form if not already completed. Hard copies were distributed in June, but can be accessed here.
- Obtain room keys, student ID card, and temporary parking permit for move in. Student ID is required for all meals, library, fitness center, and access to many campus buildings. If you wish to use your ID to vote in the November election, verification procedures will be announced later in the semester.
- Secure mailbox key. You will keep this mailbox for your entire Ursinus career. Class schedules will be in your mailbox. Schedules may also be accessed online after August 6. The Registrar’s Office will send instructions for accessing your schedule in a few days.
- Receive a New Student Orientation schedule, which begins officially at 3 PM. Be sure to pack something dressy for a semi-formal candlelight dinner dance to be held on Saturday evening.
- Pick up your new laptop.
- Meet with local bank representatives to open personal accounts if you would like. The college’s bank, PNC, has an ATM with no fees for account holders located between Zack’s and the Bookstore in Wismer Lower Level.
Families can purchase meals in Wismer Dining Hall from 11:30 – 1:00 PM, or in the Convenience Store from 10AM-3 PM. New students’ first meal will be a picnic dinner in the early evening on Thursday. All first year students will be on the 21 meal plan. For more information on Dining Services please see the Dining Services Web site. http://foodservices.ursinus.edu/
Fall athletes move in earlier in August with their respective teams. Athletes must still participate in check in.
President Fong and I cordially invite the families of the Class of 2016 to join him at 3 PM the tent on the campus front lawn for a short reception. New students will begin orientation in another location at this time, as well.
Contact the Leadership Development and Student Activities Office at 610.409.3608, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deborah Olsen Nolan, M.A.
Vice President of Student Affairs/ Dean of Students
601 East Main Street
Collegeville, PA 19426