HR Student Employment Associate
Summary and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Human Resources Department, the Student Employment Associate assumes responsibility for the student employment process. This position requires developing and overseeing student employment.
- Overseeing the student employment website, including content and online job postings, to ensure student jobs are posted properly and to provide an ongoing updated listing of available positions.
- Maintaining regular follow-up with hiring departments to ensure the listing of available positions is accurate with adds, changes, and terms.
- Initiating ongoing communication with supervisors, regarding student workers, in order to ensure that students are properly oriented, provided a job description and familiar with the agreements of work.
- Maintaining and updating student job descriptions as necessary.
- Organizing and documenting student performance discussions with supervisors in order to accurately reflect performance and provide feedback to all student employees.
- Assisting supervisors and human resources in disciplinary processes which will include maintaining and updating student employment records.
- Updating online content and resources posted to the UC Human Resources website as necessary.
- Other HR duties as assigned.
The candidate shall possess these personal and professional characteristics:
- Excellent organization and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good computing skills, Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to take initiative, have good judgment and be creative
- Professional and have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be willing and able to effectively gain the essential knowledge of human resources and student employment policies
- Business Major with interest in Human Resources preferred, but not required.