Staff Psychologist – Wellness Center
The Office of Wellness and Counseling at Ursinus College is seeking a full-time, 10 month clinically skilled, experienced, and multiculturally competent colleague as a Staff Psychologist. Staff Psychologists provide psychological counseling and related services to students enrolled at Ursinus College and consult with faculty, staff, and other members of the campus community regarding student concerns. The staff psychologist position is 10 months with responsibility to assist in all areas of Counseling Center functioning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the staff psychologist include:
- Direct clinical service including individual, group and crisis counseling / psychotherapy for UC students over a broad range of concerns and diagnoses, including psychological, social or other difficulties that interfere with student’s academic success
- Diagnostic assessments, and when appropriate, consultation with other treatment providers or makes referral to consulting psychiatrists and appropriate agencies
- Crisis intervention management, including day time emergency services, on call after hour psychological emergency coverage and assessment for a student population, as well as postvention services
- Consultation services to campus community, faculty, staff, parents and others concerned with student-life problems to facilitate effective management of students’ mental health concerns
- Development and participation of psycho-educational / outreach programming (e.g., class visits, workshops, presentations)
- Outreach to individuals from minority and underserved populations on campus.
- Participation in staff meetings in the Wellness Center (administrative and clinical consultation)
- Ongoing case management (e.g., maintenance of case records in a timely and complete manner, referrals, phone calls, preparation)
- Active participation in student affairs activities related to student well-being
- Participation in professional development activities (e.g., reading, attending workshops and seminars)
- Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of students.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, preferably from an APA accredited program (including APA accredited internship) and completed Post-Doctoral training.
- Licensure in Pennsylvania, preferably for at least 3 yrs.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in providing personal counseling, crisis intervention, assessment and consultation to late adolescent / early adult population in a college or university setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural competency; ability to develop working relationships with underrepresented student groups and an understanding of the needs of diverse students a must.
- Excellent counseling, crisis intervention and communication skills required.
- Clinical experience at a residential liberal arts institution with an understanding and appreciation of collaborative partnerships within student affairs
- Experience utilizing a time-limited model of care.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in working with a diverse, complex and heavy caseload.
- Experience and comfort working with “high risk” difficulties (e.g., suicide, trauma, eating disorders, substance abuse).
Required Application Materials
To apply please send cover letter, vita, 3 letters of reference to: Ursinus College Human Resources Office via email to email@example.com. Ursinus College is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. As such, Ursinus College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic in any student program or activity administered by the college or with regard to admission or employment.
Review of Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Position will begin when a suitable candidate is found and available.