What is Sustainable Move-Out?
• Students, faculty and staff make donations of things that they don't want at the end of the spring semester
• We collect the unwanted items from students, faculty, and staff and display it all so that it is easy to view in our tent
• UC community members are welcome to come and take things from our Move-Out Tent for FREE
• That’s right – FREE SHOPPING!
• Sustainable Move-Out takes place during the last week of the spring semester
• After graduation, all remaining donations go to local charities throughout Pennsylvania
• Low quality items or items in disrepair that can be salvaged are recycled at Pottstown RSI
How to Donate your stuff:
- Bring your donations to the Move-Out Tents (see map for locations) between 5/9/14 and 5/16/14
- Put them in the labeled Move-Out collection boxes that will be in your hallways
What can I donate??
- Almost Anything!!! (if it's not on this list, that's okay! We can't list everything, but we'll take most things -just no trash or trashed items please)
- Clothes (in any condition)
- Men's, Women's, UC-gear, sports wear (anything you don't want)
- Shoes & Accessories
- Bed & Bath
- Sheets & towels,
- Bedding & mattress pads
- Shower caddies
- Furniture (Please bring your furniture to the nearest tent location - we'll take it from there)
- Tables & chairs
- Wall hangings
- Mini-fridge (full size too!)
- AC units or fans
- Computers and Printers
- School Supplies
- Paper, pens, notebooks, binders,
- Sporting Equipment/Games
Move-Out relies largely on volunteer efforts! Want to volunteer? We'd love to have you! You can volunteer for an hour at a time from 10AM-6PM during the Move-Out period. We are also looking for 4 paid laborers to work 20 hours during the week.