What is Sustainable Move-Out?
• Students, faculty and staff make donations of things that they don't want at the end of the spring semester
• We collect the unwanted items from students, faculty, and staff and display it all so that it is easy to view in our tent
• UC community members are welcome to come and take things from our Move-Out Tent for FREE
• That’s right – FREE SHOPPING!
• Sustainable Move-Out takes place during the last two weeks to ten days of the spring semester
• After graduation, all remaining donations go to local charities throughout Pennsylvania
• Low quality items or items in disrepair that can be salvaged are recycled at Pottstown RSI
How to Participate
Bring your donations to the Move-Out Tent (location to be determined) during the Move-Out period
Put them in the labeled Move-Out collection boxes that will be in your hallways
Look in your mailbox at the end of the spring semester for more details about how to donate your items!
Got Big Furniture to Donate??
CLICK HERE during the Move-Out period to register for Move-Out Donation Tags
CLICK HERE during the Move-Out period to register for furniture pick up & item inspection
Move-Out relies largely on volunteer efforts! Want to volunteer? We'd love to have you! You can volunteer for an hour at a time from 8AM-8PM during the Move-Out period. You'll get a UCGreen Team t-shirt, coffee in the morning and a great opportunity to see and snag items as they come in!
Want to learn more? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org