Below is a list of the services sites and descriptions for Saturday, August 24.
Central Perkiomen Valley Park – SchwenksVille, PA
- Central Perkiomen Valley Park is situated along the scenic Perkiomen Creek in the center of Montgomery County. This includes Green Lane Park, part of the Perkiomen trail, and Pennypacker Mills Farm.
- Come out and volunteer to help us with cleaning the flower gardens, pruning, landscape cleanup and trail maintenance.
anderson Farm Park – Collegeville, pa
- Anderson Farm Park is a local Township Recreation Center and Park with over 60 acres of land.
- Come help with gardening, mulching and the beautification of the flower beds.
Greater norristown policE athletic league – norristown, pa
- The Greater Norristown Police Athletic League is a volunteer organization serving the youth and families of the Greater Norristown community with recreational, educational, and cultural programs.
- Volunteers are needed to help around the building and at the community garden. Roll up your sleeves and help weed flower beds, trim bushes and help mulch.
camphill – kimberton, pA
- Camphill Village Kimberton Hills is a vibrant farming and handcrafting community that includes adults with developmental disabilities.
- Volunteers will be helping in a number of different workshops ranging from working in the orchard, the Organic Garden or the weavery.
URSINUS ORGANIC FARM – NINTH AVE, COLLEGEVILLE
- Ursinus Organic Farm is our very own local farm that grows vegetables, fruits, and herbs and is home to bees and chickens.
- Volunteers will help to tend to the farm by weeding, planting and helping with the landscaping.
CATHOLIC SOCIAL SERVICES – NORRISTOWN, PA
- Catholic Social Services’s Food Cupboard aims to alleviate the impact of hunger in the community
- Volunteers will help sort, box and repackage donated food, as well as help clean up the food cupboard.
TRINITY CHURCH – MAIN STREET, COLLEGEVILLE
- Trinity Church is a UCC church with historic ties to the College and is actively involved in social justice issues.
- Volunteers will help with church landscape including weeding, planting, and raking leaves.