Quick Facts About Ursinus College
- U-CAN Quick Profile
- Founded in 1869, The mission of Ursinus is to enable students to become independent, responsible, and thoughtful individuals through a program of liberal education that prepares them to live creatively and usefully, and to provide leadership for their society in an interdependent world.
- 1,750 students from 35 states and 12 countries
- 20% students of color
- 12:1 student/faculty ratio
- 60 courses of study
- Biology, Business & Economics, and English are the three majors with the most students
- Ursinus is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- All students and faculty issued Dell Latitude D630 laptop computers
- Ursinus is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, the Watson Foundation List, Project Pericles, Project DEEP, the Annapolis Group and the Centennial Conference
- Home to the Philip and Muriel Berman Museum of Art
- Featured in Loren Pope’s "Colleges That Change Lives"
- Named a Hot College by Kaplan/Newsweek Guide
- Former US Ambassador and Ursinus graduate Joseph Melrose, is now Professor and Ambassador-in-Residence, Ursinus International Relations Program
- The college is independent in character and has a growing $100,000,000 endowment
- 170 acres, 25 miles from Philadelphia