Program Coordinator for Alumni Relations and Annual Giving
Summary and Scope of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations, the Program Coordinator provides administrative and clerical support to the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations staff. The Coordinator also serves as the Advancement Department’s receptionist and provides administrative support to this team. The Coordinator manages all general online and telephone inquiries and plays an integral role in building stronger relationships with Alumni, Parents and Friends. In addition, the Program Coordinator manages student workers, the student yearbook staff and joins with other administrators and volunteers to increase enthusiasm, advocacy and support for Ursinus.
Assist the designated departmental staff member in coordinating all logistical efforts related to Alumni relations events, both on and off campus.
- Prepares invitation lists from Raisers Edge queries for invitation mailings, tracks RSVP responses, mails pre-event materials, and assists with all other activities that ensure a successful event (preparation of lists of attendees, nametags, timelines, schedules, etc.)
- Coordinates and manages constituent follow up to event invitations and to event attendance
- Manages travel and venue requirements, if required
- Staffs events when needed
Provides support for Reunion and Alumni Weekend
- Provides support and assists with Reunion Committee activities
- Assists with volunteer management for these events
- Staffs the event and is onsite the entire weekend
Works with the designated professional to coordinate the logistical and fundraising efforts for Annual Giving programs and events.
- With the Director, works to insure that all projects are executed on schedule. Tracks each activity to insure that deadlines are met, “to-dos” are done; tracks progress and schedules and assists staff wherever needed.
- Assists as needed with mailings and collateral materials
- Processes and tracks all direct mail costs and vendor contracts/invoices.
- Maintains a communication schedule and assist with the production of all mailings or online messages
- Assists with event management in particular with such details as maintaining RSVP lists and producing nametags, and staffing such events as needed
- Coordinates with other departments and vendors, if necessary
- Produces reports and tracks results as required.
Provides support to designated staff member to ensure success of the President’s Circle and all affinity programs.
- Runs query, produces mail list and welcome letters for President’s Circle members, and enters corresponding action in Razor’s Edge.
- Supports all tasks such as editing and production of newsletters, travel arrangements, event support, processing invoices and tracking budgets.
- Coordinates meetings and communications with all volunteer committees.
- Creates and generates reports needed for the creation and implementation of effective programming
Under the direction of the Director, manages the departmental student worker program.
- Coordinates the recruitment and duties of student workers
- Coordinates student schedules to conform to the needs of the office; coordinates workflow for student workers
- Maintains timesheets and schedules for student workers.
- Works with staff to evaluate student workers’ performance
Serves as the department’s receptionist to both external and internal constituencies, and represents the advancement department and the college with the highest level of professionalism.
- Serves as the staff member who welcomes an greets all visitors
- Maintains departmental activities calendar and Outlook Advancement Calendar
- Handles department’s direct line and toll-free number
- Responds to general questions asked by phone, mail or e-mail
- Coordinates ordering of paper and printer/fax/copy machine service calls
- Coordinates work order requests to facilities regarding office repairs
Manages specific constituent stewardship
- Responsible for preparing, sending and tracking new donor packets.
- Manages the inauguration representative process
- Supervises student workers in making firs-time donor thank you calls.
Attend Alumni Relations & Annual Giving staff meetings weekly and other departmental meetings as required.
- Manage any other tasks or programs as assigned by Director of Alumni Relations.
The incumbent shall possess these personal and professional characteristics:
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, produce quality work, and meet strict deadlines
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to cultivate and maintain positive relationships with both external and internal constituents
- Strong computer skills, and the ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling of confidential information
- Independent initiative as well as an ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working, interning or volunteering in a development department or fast-paced customer service, public relations, or marketing organization
- Fluency in Microsoft Office software and programs
- Understanding and appreciation of a private liberal arts education
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
- Two to-three years of experience as an administrative professional.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Strong desire to build a career in higher education.
- Knowledge of Ursinus College mission and programs.
- Ability to sit for long periods at personal computer performing related functions
- Occasional travel to attend events or meetings
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and list of three references to the Human Resources Office via email to email@example.com.
Ursinus College is an AA/EO Employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law with respect to all aspects of employment.