- Establish and maintain Business Office policies and procedures in consultation with the Associate Vice President of Finance and Controller.
- Work with the Controller to maintain the chart of accounts. Since many of the financial reports are produced directly from the system, this involves knowledge of how internal and external financial reports operate and how this flows from the system. This includes coding each new ledger account with the proper value for both the traditional fund accounting model and the external reporting for the audited financial statements.
- Assist in the Fiscal Year-End Closing and Audit. Prepare workpapers, complete analysis and other schedules for annual financial and A133 audit.
- Complete other financial surveys, financial reports, analysis, etc. as required.
- All other special projects as requested of the Associate Vice President of Finance and Controller of the College.
Position reports to the Associate Vice President of Finance and Controller.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 to 8 years of related work experience in an accounting and student billing environment; higher education accounting experience is highly preferred.
The individual must be able to work independently, be flexible, and have the ability to think creatively and analytically with a willingness to solve problems. The individual must be organized and be able to recommend and implement improvements to systems and processes. Personal attributes desired include: dedication, attention to detail, flexibility, ability to use good judgment, excellent written and oral communication skills, tact, consideration for others, punctuality, ability and desire to learn quickly, both through formal training and "figuring it out", professional presentation and excellent work ethic.
Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office spreadsheet and word-processing software is necessary as well as experience with and understanding of financial accounting and billing systems. Experience in developing and implementing such systems is desired but not required.
Interested candidates should respond with a letter of application, resume and list of three references to the Human Resources Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ursinus College is an AA/EO employer. In keeping with the College’s historic commitment to equality, men and women, and members of all racial and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.