Student Employment - Office of Institutional Research
student institutional researcher
Summary and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Office of Institutional Research, the Student Institutional Researcher assumes responsibility for various unique quantitative and qualitative studies.
- Creating qualitative and quantitative datasets from original sources
- Organizing data into appropriate tables and graphs
- Communicating summary information to decision making audiences
- Learning new institutional research software and methodologies
- Other institutional research duties as assigned.
The candidate shall possess these personal and professional characteristics:
- Excellent organization and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computing skills, Microsoft Office Suite (strong Excel or Access ability)
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to take initiative, have good judgment and be creative
- Professional and have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be willing and able to effectively gain the essential knowledge of institutional research operations.
- Interest and proficiency with numbers and computer software preferred.