projects & Opportunities
Send Notes to accepted Students
Staff Assembly President Missy Bryant and President Bobby Fong ask that the staff join in the recruitment of accepted students by sending out 5 postcards to 5 parents of the students telling them what a great place Ursinus is. Volunteer to write notes to parents of accepted students: https://ursinuscollege.wufoo.com/forms/notes-to-parents-class-of-2018/
College Diversity Committee
The Ursinus College Diversity Committee invites comments and suggestions with regard to the College’s current Diversity Statement. All staff will soon receive an e-mail from Sheryl Goodman, Chair of the Diversity Committee which asks for your input. As staff, your thoughts are valued, and you are encouraged to complete this survey and offer your feedback.
The Community Relations Committee, chaired by Valerie Nelson has been busy creating projects for the staff. Involvement in these community based events is fun and rewarding. If you have an idea for an event or community based opportunity, please let Val Nelson know. The first Staff Coffee Break was held on Thursday, February 20th at 10:00 in the Bears’ Den. The event was well attended, after being postponed due to snow, and featured the Athletics and Admissions Departments. This event was organized by Logan Duffie on behalf of the Community Relations Committee of the Staff Assembly. Thanks Logan!
UPCOMING EVENTS &volunteer opportunities:
- Coffee Break– Logan Duffie is planning quarterly morning coffee breaks, the second will be in April. Details will be mailed soon.
- Walking Competition – Organized by Charlene Wysocki will kick off on April 1. Get your team together now!
- NEW DATE! Wetlands Planting will be held in Upper Frederick Township on May 8-11. If interested, please email Ucare@ursinus.edu to sign up. If you’d like to carpool, please let us know when you sign up.
- The Perkiomen Watershed Conservancy Stream Clean-up on April 12 – follow the link to register. Also, be sure to let Val Nelson know that you plan to help out! Or volunteer for our Lenape Survival Challenge on April 26.
- In May there will be a Staff Volunteer Day to assist Sustainability with the Organic Farm. More information to come via email.
The staff assembly works Toward implementing strategic plan
The President has designated a fund of $100,000 in support of strategic planning initiatives for Academic Year 2013-14. These are projects that directly support progress toward implementation of the Strategic Plan. Projects may include, but are not limited to: travel or other expenses needed to gather information supporting an aspect of the Strategic Plan, technologies and software, training for faculty or staff on or off the campus, costs associated with bringing a visitor to campus to offer a workshop or other activity that supports implementation of the plan, and pilot project implementation.
The Staff Assembly proposed several projects and has had four of them accepted. They are:
- Eight hundred seventy five dollars to support two StrengthsQuest workshops for college staff in January and June, 2014 CPPC members were pleased to offer support for this professional development opportunity for members of the college staff.
- Three hundred sixty dollars to support the proposed Staff Assembly workshop “Communicating with Colleagues: Active Listening and feedback Skills”, to be offered in January.
- Nine hundred twenty five dollars to support implementation of a proposal to create a CIE for Staff program. CCCP acknowledged the longtime interest in having opportunities for members of the College staff to have a firsthand experience with CIE to satisfy their own interest as well as to better understand the experience of first year students.
- Picnic on Patterson – Though partially funded by CPPC for food and prizes, planning must be creative and in coordination with Laura Moliken. CPPC did not approve a tent rental and suggested we use the one for Commencement. Though logical financially, it would not allow us to move forward with the concept of holding the event on Patterson field. Therefore, the committee suggested housing the lunch tables and food spread in the field house.
Check out upcoming Service Events Happening On Campus: