FOUR YEAR PLAN - SOPHOMORE
After completing your freshman year and some self assessment, you should be ready to begin the career exploration process. This involves translating findings about your interests, values and aspirations into a major and possible career.
- Choose a major if you have not done so, or reevaluate major if necessary. Continue to discuss career plans with Career Advisors.
- Complete introductory courses in your prospective field. Make good use of electives; consider a minor or concentration.
- Learn more about fields of interest: attend career panels, programs and fairs.
- Consider possible careers. Talk to people in the field. Contact Alumni Career Ambassadors. Select possible occupations, research training requirements and explore alternatives.
- Utilize the career library and resources on the Career Services Web page.
- Continue to establish relationships with college personnel. Visit Career Services Office to discuss internships.
- Research Study Abroad Programs and consult with the Study Abroad Advisor to consider a semester out of the country.
- Attend the UC Job, Internship, and Networking Fair.
- Develop skills and confidence
- Consider a summer internship - get experience.
Build a good work reputation, Earn money