FOUR YEAR PLAN - JUNIOR
Career goals or graduate plans become more established with the completion of upper level courses. Starting early will best prepare you for on-or off-campus interviews and the graduate school application process.
- Write your resume if you have not done so – even if you plan on attending graduate school!
- Learn about the job search process by speaking with a Career Advisor.
- Plan you job campaign: attend programs, seminars, and employer presentations on campus.
- Gather information about potential graduate schools. Explore fields of study and become familiar with application procedures. Ask your professors to be references.
- Get career-related experience (internship, volunteer work, or a part time job). Make an appointment in Career Services.
- Move into leadership positions in clubs, sports, and activities on campus.
- Consider a minor or concentration.
- Verify that your career choice is realistic and right for you.
- Utilize faculty, career advisors, family and friends to explore careers further. Conduct informational interviews with people in your chosen field.
- Attend the UC Job, Internship & Networking Fair.
Try working in your chosen field - get an internship!
Work on Graduate School applications, consider grad exam prep, and complete grad exams.