FOUR YEAR PLAN - SENIOR
This is the year where all your hard work pays off. Self-discovery, career exploration, and advance preparation will make this year easier for you – but there is still a lot of hard work ahead! Here’s what you should be doing now:
- Finalize your resume. Talk to a counselor if you need help getting started.
- Practice your interviewing! Schedule an appointment for a mock interview with a career advisor.
- Compile lists of employers in your field. Get names of the individuals who work in the departments where you would like to be hired.
- Send employers a copy of your resume with a cover letter. Follow up with phone calls, personal visits, and more letters.
- Become a student member of professional organizations and attend networking events.
- Complete graduate school applications.
- Develop a timetable for your career development after graduation.
- Discuss your career plans with faculty, counselors, family, and friends. Start building your network now!
- Attend the UC Job, Internship, and Networking Fair.
Discuss your career plans with faculty, counselors, family and friends. Start your network now!