Student achievement is the hallmark of an Ursinus education, and one reason why Ursinus was selected from among all liberal arts colleges in the nation to be a participant in Project DEEP.
Project DEEP (Documenting Effective Educational Practices) is a collaboration of the National Survey of Student Engagement and the American Association of Higher Education. Ursinus and the other schools studied provided a transformational experience for its students because of
- An integrated first-year experience that includes not only the Common Intellectual Experience, but common living quarters for all freshmen, so that they may socialize and study with students who are in their classes.
- Close faculty advising during the first years and mentoring in the junior and senior years.
- Writing across the curriculum.
- A faculty willing to dedicate itself to continuing research
- An emphasis on experiential learning.