Ritter Art Center houses large studios for Sculpture, Drawing, Painting, and Printmaking, in addition to a state of the art woodshop and a Mac computer lab for Digital Photography. Pfahler Hall houses a complete wet darkroom.
Art Majors can sign up for individual studio spaces in Ritter, perfect for independent work in a communal setting.
Additionally, the Berman Museum of Art, regarded as one of the nation’s finest small college art museums, offers many resources for students of the arts. These include opportunties for hands on study of historcal and contemporary works in the collection, the student docent program, student employment at the museum, and of course, the experience of preparing and professionaly mouting the Annual Student Exhibition,
The Berman Museum is free and open to the public.
Local Art Museums & Organizations
- Barnes Foundation
- Brandywine River Museum
- Delaware Art Museum
- The Fabric Workshop and Museum
- Institute of Contemporary Art at the University of Pennsylvania
- Mural Arts Program
- Penn Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
Summer Programs in Studio Art
- Chautauqua School of Art
- The International School of Painting, Sculpture and Drawing in Umbria
- New York Studio School
- Vermont Studio Center
- School of Visual Arts Summer Residency