Completing an internship fulfills the college’s ILE (Independent Learning Experience) core requirement, and is a good way for majors to get practical experience in the field.
In all cases, students gain opportunities for personal growth as well as valuable experiences that will aid with admissions to graduate school or job placement.
Some of the exciting places that art and art history students have held internships include:
- Berman Museum of Art
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Project Basho
- Longwood Gardens
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program
- York Art Association
- Roberson Museum and Science Center
- Norman Rockwell Museum
- Sordoni Art Gallery at Wilkes University