The construction is on to the phase of pouring cement for the floors – each floor takes several hours to pour and the efforts of many cement trucks. The schedule for the pouring of the next floors is listed below. These pours are weather dependent. For the duration of each pour, there will be some associated noise from the cement trucks as well as the pump truck.
- Thursday August 31st from 7am until midnight
- Thursday September 7th from 7am until midnight
- Thursday September 14th from 7am until midnight
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any individual questions or concerns, please contact the Facilities office.l
August 3-6, 2017
On Thursday, August 3rd through Sunday, August 6th, there will be a chilled water shutdown for Pfahler Hall to do some valve work and connections related to the IDC construction. This will mean no air conditioning in the building. There are identified areas which will be protected by supplemental air conditioners to protect sensitive instrumentation. All Crigler Institute classes will be relocated during this time.
February 3, 2017
Demolition of Thomas Classroom and Main Entrance
- Demolition continues at Thomas Hall.
- Monday, February 6th , demolition of the main entrance will begin and should be completed by the end of the week.
Demolition of Pfahler Hall Main Entrance
Demolition of the main entrance of Pfahler Hall is scheduled as noted below and is weather dependent.
- Monday, February 13th. through Friday, February 17th, removal of metal panels, windows and supporting structures.
All demolition work is located in the designated fenced in construction area. Admittance to the construction area remains by authorized personnel only.
Access between Pfahler Hall and Thomas
The new walkway has been opened, allowing us to close off the main entrances of both Pfahler and Thomas Hall. This walkway has been fully enclosed, lights and floor mats have been installed to provide a safe means of travel between the buildings. Also, the south stairway towards Main St. between Pfahler and Thomas has been reopened for use. Directional signage has been updated and posted to provide guidance.
During our winter season, Facilities will ensure all walking surfaces are free of ice and snow and properly treated when necessary.
January 27, 2017
Demolition of Thomas Classroom and Main Entrance :
The following demolition schedule was created and will be followed:
- Monday, January 30th , demolition of the north wall of the Thomas classroom will begin. This will enable the removal of the glass and contents of the former classroom. This work is inside the designated construction area of the IDC and will not hamper travel.
- Thursday, February 2nd, demolition of the classroom will continue to remove the roof and remaining exterior walls.
- Wednesday, February 8th, demolition of the main entrance of Thomas will begin.
The above work is anticipated to take two to three weeks and is located in the designated fenced in construction area. Admittance to the construction area remains by authorized personnel only.
Access between Pfahler Hall and Thomas:
The new doors and walkway between Pfahler and Thomas are now complete and the following schedule will be followed:
- Next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, both the new south access into Pfahler and the existing access routes will remain open and can be used to access Thomas Hall through Pfahler Hall.
- Thursday, February 2nd, the main access route between Pfahler and Thomas Halls main entrances will be taken out of service and the south access route will be our primary route of travel between the building.
Directional signage will be updated and posted to provide guidance.
January 18, 2017
Construction activities have started for our new Innovation and Discovery Center. Fencing has been installed to protect the on-going construction activities and to ensure the safety of students and faculty as they attend classes at both Pfahler and Thomas Halls.
This map that shows the approved pathways to and between Pfahler and Thomas Halls. They are noted by green arrows and will be in effect until January 29, 2017. After this date a new approved plan will be implemented and an update will sent in advance. Directional signage has been installed on the fencing to help guide people to the approved pathway.