Advanced Degree Partnership in Writing Studies
4+1 Direct Admission Advanced Degree Partnership With St. Joseph’s University For Writing Studies
Ursinus students can apply for direct admission to St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Sciences.
Students accepted to the College of Arts and Sciences can pursue master’s degrees in writing studies.
“More and more, our students are seeking pathways into careers in writing, whether their passions lie in creative writing, journalism, or other fields,” Associate Professor and Chair of English Kara McShane said. “The Writing Studies program at St. Joe’s is particularly exciting because it connects students to communities of professional writers in Philadelphia. Especially for our most ambitious students, this agreement helps them see a clear pathway to pursue work they care deeply about.”
What’s in it for me?
- A Master of Arts in Writing Studies.
- Get a jumpstart on your graduate degree: Ursinus/SJU 4+1 students can take two SJU graduate classes, at no additional cost, as part of their Ursinus undergraduate degree and have those credits apply to both programs.
- 10 percent tuition discount for all Ursinus graduates who are accepted into St. Joe’s graduate programs.
- Explore the SJU Writing Studies program at SJU Writing Studies.
- Meet with your advisor at Ursinus for approval
- Review the SJU admission process at SJU Graduate Admission
- Please direct all program questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application can be submitted after the end of student’s fourth semester (or completion of at least 60 undergraduate credits) but no later than the end of the student’s sixth semester (or completion of no more than 96 undergraduate credits) at Ursinus College. Students are encouraged to apply by April 15.