Advanced Degree Partnership in Writing Studies
4+1 Direct Admission Advanced Degree Partnership With St. Joseph’s University For Writing Studies
Ursinus students can apply for direct admission to St. Joseph’s College of Arts and Sciences.
Students accepted to the College of Arts and Sciences can pursue master’s degrees in writing studies.
“More and more, our students are seeking pathways into careers in writing, whether their passions lie in creative writing, journalism, or other fields,” Associate Professor and Chair of English Kara McShane said. “The Writing Studies program at St. Joe’s is particularly exciting because it connects students to communities of professional writers in Philadelphia. Especially for our most ambitious students, this agreement helps them see a clear pathway to pursue work they care deeply about.”
What’s in it for me?
- A Master of Arts in Writing Studies.
- 10 percent tuition discount for all Ursinus graduates who are accepted into St. Joe’s graduate programs.
- Additional savings in time and money are also available for those who are accepted into the 4+1 programs (applying as a junior is recommended).
- Ursinus/SJU 4+1 students can take two SJU graduate classes as part of their Ursinus UG degree and have the credits apply to both programs.
- There is no additional cost to the student which gives students a jumpstart toward their graduate degree.