UC LIVE Internship Program
UC LIVE, Ursinus College Leaders in Vocational Exploration, is an intentional vocational discernment program funded through the Harold C. Smith Program in support of Ursinus QUEST.
Apply Here for UC LIVE spring 2020!
Application Deadline Extended: Jan. 26th, 2019
UC LIVE is a semester-long, mentor-based vocational discernment leadership program that aims to engage selected interns in experiential and service learning that will guide them in the discernment of their own vocational interests, faith, values, and belief systems. Committed students put their academic coursework into action as they seek to understand and address the human needs in our surrounding community. UC LIVE is not only live in acting in our surrounding community, but in collaborating with groups on campus to invite more students, faculty, and staff into conversations around experiencing the Four Questions. Students meet with the Assistant Director of the Smith Program bi-weekly to discuss internship progress and participate in monthly vocational discernment workshops/leadership training with the cohort of interns.
Funding was generated from the generous receipt of an $862,000 implementation grant from the Harold C. Smith Foundation in Christian Studies to support the religious, spiritual, and vocation discernment of students through experiential learning. The Reverend Dr. Harold C. Smith was an Ursinus graduate of the Class of 1955 and former Board of Trustee Member.
- Current sophomores, juniors, and seniors of all majors and worldviews eligible to apply
- Internship with non-profit, service organization, or community group
- Check-In Meetings with AD of QUEST
- Must be on-site approximately 8 hours per week
- Transportation not provided but reimbursement available
- If an approved internship by an academic department, it can fulfill the ILE/XLP requirement
- Hourly Wage
Any questions please contact UC LIVE Program Coordinator: