An internship in Neuroscience is your opportunity to apply what you have learned HERE out THERE in the real world!
An internship is a structured and supervised professional experience for which a student has intentional learning goals, reflects actively on what he or she is learning, and receives academic credit. Some benefits of doing an internship include:
- Experience: Internships give you valuable real world work experience in a professional job setting.
- Competitive Edge: According to a 2010 student survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), graduates who participated in internships were more competitive in the job market than their counterparts who did not.
- Higher Salary: Students who complete at least one internship earn an average of $6,900 more than their peers who have no internship experience, according to a 2010 NACE survey.
- Career Exploration: Internships allow you to explore potential careers to help you choose what professions would fit best.
- Professional Skill Development: Interns are engaging in substantive work requiring problem solving, communicating with clients, and project management. The majority of an intern’s time is spent engaged in professional activities.
- Networking: An internship facilitates the development of professional contacts that may help you in the future
- Personal Development: You will develop a personal work ethic and be able to investigate your career interests, prospective career goals, and your approach to a professional workplace
We encourage all students to visit the Career and Post-Graduate Office in Bomberger Hall for internship and career counseling.
For Neuroscience Internship ideas, click on these links:
www.chop.edu The Children’s Hospital (PA)
www.nationalmssociety.org/ Multiple Sclerosis Society
www.einstein.edu Einstein Hospital (PA)
www.jefferson.edu/university/skmc.html Jefferson Medical College (PA)
www.mayo.edu/mgs/programs/summer-undergraduate-research-fellowship Mayo Clinic Summer Undergraduate Research Program
https//icahn.mssm.edu Mount Sinai School of Medicine (NY)
www.bcm.edu Baylor College of Medicine (TX)