Graduates of our program are competitive on the job market and for entry to elite graduate programs in law, political science, public policy and administration, and international affairs.
Recent Graduate Schools
Our graduates who seek to continue their education have been accepted to programs at many schools, including:
- American University
- Carnegie Mellon University (Human-Computer Interaction Institute)
- Georgetown University
- George Washington University
- Harvard Divinity School
- Hertie School of Governance (Berlin, Germany)
- Indiana University at Bloomington
- Institut de Hautes Études Internacionales (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
- Michigan State University
- New York University
- SUNY Binghamton
- Syracuse University
- Temple University
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Texas Austin
- Villanova University
Politics and IR graduates have obtained competitive positions in job sectors that include business, government, journalism, law, politics and non-profit administration. Our graduates work for major corporations and have pursued careers with the State Department, U.S. Senate, Department of Defense and other public institutions.
Scholarships & Fellowships
Politics and IR majors have received several major scholarships and fellowships. These include the Boren Scholarship, which supports the development of foreign language and international skills through study abroad, the U.S. Department of State’s Critical Language Scholarship Program and the Watson Fellowship, which funds a year of international travel to complete a creative project. Our students have been accepted into competitive programs such as the Lutheran Volunteer Corps, Peace Corps and Teach for America.