Once you have chosen the profession you wish to pursue, you need to prepare your application.
- First, you will need to have the right classes to be prepared for graduate study in your chosen field.
- Then, you need to work with members of HPAC to prepare your application, and we have a timeline to guide you through that process.
- An important piece of your application will be your personal statement, which should present readers with insights into who you are as a person, applicant, and future health practitioner.
- In addition, you will need to solicit strong letters of recommendation from faculty, mentors, and supervisors.
- Before you submit your application, you will undergo a “mock interview” with HPAC members, which will put you in good stead for your eventual interview with the programs you apply to.
For more information and assistance, please contact the co-coordinator of the Health Professions Advising Committee, Dr. Ellen Dawley, Professor of Biology.