August Orientation is an opportunity for the Class of 2023 to explore campus, start forging new friendships, and learn what it means to be a Bear.
August Orientation begins on Thursday, August 22 and runs until the beginning of fall classes on Monday, August 26. Information about getting ready to arrive, checking and moving in, and orientation is available here.
Between Now and Orientation
Here are some things to do as you look forward to August Orientation!
- Check Grizzly Gateway to view your student account, course schedule, and any incomplete business that needs to be addressed.
- Complete the August Orientation Engagement Survey to provide your preferences for community engagement trips during orientation.
- Complete the CIE summer readings, Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave.” More information, including instructions on how to access the “Allegory of the Cave” will be sent to your Ursinus email account in July.
- Submit health forms to the Wellness Center. More information is available here.
- Complete the BCSSE survey. The individual link to the survey was sent to your Ursinus email account.
- Reach out to your future roommates. Housing assignments will be emailed to students by July 1.
Residence Halls and Moving in
What to expect from your residence halls:
Want to know what to bring and what not to? You can find more information on living in the first-year residence halls here.
Check-in and move-in:
Students living on campus will have the opportunity to check-in at the Floy Lewis Bakes Center from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Thursday, August 22, 2019. First-year commuter students will have their check-in from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Many campus offices will be represented at check-in for you to connect with.
During the check-in process you will:
- Complete any unfinished student account business. All balances must be settled before proceeding.
- Submit the Health Record, Online Health Insurance Enrollment/Waiver, and Meningococcal Vaccine forms if not already completed. Hard copies were distributed at Spring Orientation, but can also be accessed here: Wellness Records.
- You will get your room and mailbox keys if you are a resident student. You will also be issued a temporary parking permit for moving belongings into your room.
- You will receive your Student Identification (ID) card. The Student ID is required for all meals, library transactions, fitness center use, campus printing, and access to many buildings.
- Your New Student Orientation schedule will be emailed to your Ursinus email address. Orientation begins officially at 3:00 PM for residential and commuter students.
- Meet with local bank representatives to open personal accounts if you would like. The College’s bank, PNC, has an ATM with no fees for account holders located between Zack’s and the Institute for Inclusion and Equity in Wismer Lower Level.
Fall athletes move in earlier in August at designated team check-in times.
A complimentary lunch for you and your family will be available in Wismer Dining Center on August 22 from 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM.
Your families are invited to join us at 3:00 PM in Strassburger Commons for a short reception before departing. Students will begin their orientation schedule at 3:00 PM.
Contact the Institute for Student Success via email or at 610-409-3400.