There is no application fee for first year students.
In order for your application to be considered complete we require the following:
Apply online using the Common Application. This will include:
- Personal Essay
- Recent analytic or graded paper from an academic subject
- Official high school transcripts
- Secondary School Report and recommendation from guidance counselor
- Home schooled students must also include detailed information about the depth of their curriculum, including reading lists.
Standardized Tests (SAT Reasoning Test and ACT)
Standardized tests submission is optional for most applicants to Ursinus College. If you choose to send us your testing results, scores can be submitted either directly from the testing agency or on your official transcript.
Following are the exceptions for which applicants must submit testing results:
- Students applying for our Early Assurance program to medical school in cooperation with the Drexel University School of Medicine are required to submit SAT Reasoning Test (preferred) or ACT score results. To be considered for the Early Assurance program applicants must meet the November 15 submission deadline and achieve at least: a) a minimal SAT Critical Reading and Mathematics combined score of 1300 with no subset less than 560 (the Writing section of the SAT test is not included); or b) an ACT composite score of 31.
- Homeschooled students and students who attend schools that provide narrative comments in lieu of grades are required to submit results from one or more standardized tests (SAT Reasoning Test, SAT Subject Tests, or ACT).
Financial Aid & Scholarships
No separate application is required for Ursinus College merit scholarship eligibility. Merit awards are based on the academic strength of applicants and determined by the Admission Office. Notifications are normally sent within three weeks of the offer of admission.
Applications for need-based financial aid, including grants, loans, and work study, must be completed by February 15.
For complete information on our scholarships, grants, and financial aid please visit our Financial Aid page.