The international population at Ursinus numbers 5% and comes from 20 countries. We believe that participating in, not just reading about, international diversity is essential to student success.
Most international students apply between September and March for the following fall semester, which begins at the end of August. A limited number of students are accepted for the spring semester, which begins in mid-January.
International Application Checklist
In order for your application to be considered complete, we require the following:
- $100 fee for international applicants
- Apply online using the Common Application. This will include:
- Personal Essay
- Official high school transcripts spanning the entirety of the your high school experience (grades 9-12 or equivalent).
- School profile (recommended).
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores if native language is not English and/or courses are not taught in English. Minimum TOEFL score is an 80 on the internet-based exam. Minimum IELTS is 6.5.
- For international students graduating from U.S. high schools, SATs are recommended.
- Ursinus College International Student Financial Statement or the College Board’s International Student Certification of Finances.
- Bank statement to support your financial ability.
Applicants from China
Ursinus College requires Chinese applicants living in China to submit an interview conducted by our affiliate, Vericant. Vericant has offices across China and is headquartered in Beijing. Before any decision is made regarding an applicant’s candidacy for admission to Ursinus, a Vericant interview must be submitted. To learn more about Vericant and to schedule your interview, please visit www.vericant.com/cn
Costs and Financial Aid
For the 2015-2016 academic year; tuition, room, and board total $59,600. Ursinus offers limited academic merit awards to international students. Need-based aid is not available for students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. No full scholarships are available. International students will be responsible for contributing, at minimum, the cost of tuition which for 2015-16 is $47,500.
In order for a Form I-20 to be issued (to secure an F-1 visa), financial documentation that supports what is listed on the International Student Financial Statement is required by United States law.