The international population at Ursinus numbers 5% and comes from 32 countries. We believe that participating in, not just reading about, international diversity is essential to student success.
Most international students apply between September and March for the following fall semester, which begins at the end of August. A limited number of students are accepted for the spring semester, which begins in mid-January.
International Application Checklist
In order for your application to be considered complete, we require the following:
- $100 fee for international applicants (If you would like to discuss waiving your International Application Fee, please contact Maggie Krauss, Assistant Director of Admission at 610-409-3062.)
- Apply online using the Common Application or the Coalition Application.
- This will include: Personal Essay
Submit official transcripts from your secondary school, translated to a course by course evaluation by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service, Inc. (NACES). For more information, visit naces.org. This must provide the U.S. equivalancy of your credential and the U.S. GPA. In order to expedite the process, you are encouraged to have official translated transcripts sent electronically from www.wes.org to email@example.com.
- School profile (recommended).
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores if native language is not English and/or courses are not taught in English. Minimum TOEFL score is an 80 on the internet-based exam. Minimum IELTS is 6.5.
- For international students graduating from U.S. high schools, SATs are recommended.
- Ursinus College International Student Financial Statement or the College Board’s International Student Certification of Finances.
- Bank statement to support your financial ability.
Applicants from China
Ursinus College requires Chinese applicants living in China to submit an interview conducted by our affiliate, Vericant. Vericant has offices across China and is headquartered in Beijing. Before any decision is made regarding an applicant’s candidacy for admission to Ursinus, a Vericant interview must be submitted. To learn more about Vericant and to schedule your interview, please visit www.vericant.cn