5 Reasons to Apply Early Action
The early bird—or rather, Bear—gets the worm! Applying Early Action to Ursinus gives you the greatest scholarship consideration, and that’s just the beginning. Read on for five reasons you should consider applying Early Action.
The college search and application process looks different for everyone, but by acting early, you can reap some major rewards. Here are five reasons to apply Early Action by our November 1 deadline:
- It’s non-binding…and free! Some students shy away from applying Early Action (EA) because they confuse it with Early Decision, and mistakenly believe that applying EA means they must attend Ursinus if they’re admitted. In fact, EA is non-binding, meaning there’s no commitment if you apply…though we certainly hope you do end up making Ursinus your home! Plus, applying via the Common Application is free!
- It’s affordable: All first-year applicants are automatically considered for our merit scholarships, and every qualified admitted student, no matter their family’s income, is eligible to receive at least $21,000/year. Our Zacharias Honors Scholarship—our highest recognition for academic achievement and leadership—awards $40,000/year…but you must apply Early Action to be considered! (Early Decision applicants are also eligible, but as we covered above, ED is binding, which means you commit to enrolling at Ursinus if you are admitted.)
- It’s simple and straightforward: Submitting your SAT or ACT scores is optional, and there’s no supplemental application needed to apply to the college, unless you want to be considered for our specialty scholarships—which brings us to…
- You must apply EA to take advantage of specialty scholarships! Our specialty scholarships award up to $40,000/year to pursue your passions—but you must apply to the college Early Action by November 1 and submit up to two scholarship applications by January 3 to be considered. (Early Decision 1 applicants are also eligible for specialty scholarships).
- You’ll receive your decision in December: When you apply EA by November 1, you’ll receive your decision before the end of the year! That means you can relax over the holiday break, and start 2022 knowing you’re going to do great things!