Honor the legacy of excellence at Ursinus as we recognize alumni and students for their academic and professional accomplishments, humanitarian efforts, exemplary loyalty to Ursinus College and/or excellence in the field of education.
Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
This award recognizes an individual who has reached significant professional achievements through exemplary leadership. Achievements may be specific to a chosen career, industry or entrepreneurial quest. Consideration is also given to the nominee’s contributions to his or her community and the College.
Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin Educator Award
This award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions in the field of education. This award is named for Henry P. and M. Page Laughlin based on their commitment to education and Ursinus College.
Alumni Award for Service to Humanity
This award recognizes an individual who has exhibited outstanding service to society; it pays tribute for time volunteered for the benefits a community or non-profit institutions. Contributions may have been made at local, state or national levels.
The Rising Star Alumni Award
This award recognizes an accomplished graduate of the past 10 years for significant contributions to and leadership in the recipient’s profession, community and/or Ursinus College.
Senior Alumni Award
This award recognizes two deserving seniors, who based on their undergraduate career, show promise of making significant contributions to and leadership in their careers, their community and/or Ursinus College.
How to Nominate Alumni
- Recipients must be alumni, meaning they have received a degree from Ursinus College, with the exception of Senior Alumni Awards which are given to students from the current Senior Class.
- Only one award may be presented annually in each category, with the exception of Senior Alumni Awards, for which two awards will be presented annually.
- Current members of the College’s Board of Trustees and Alumni Awards Selection Committee may not be considered for these awards.
- Attendance at the presentation ceremony is a pre-requisite for receiving an Alumni Award, exceptions are given to posthumous recipients.
- If an alumnus/alumna is nominated posthumously it must be within 5 years of his/her passing.
- Nominations will be solicited from alumni, students, faculty and staff well in advance of the award presentation. These nominations will be collected via our nomination form; additional letters of support will also be accepted.
- The nomination deadline for Alumni is November 18, 2020. Award recipients, their nominators and the College community will be notified by mid-March.
- The nomination deadline for students is February 9, 2021 for Senior Alumni Awards.
- A selection committee will review all of the nominations.
- The record of a nominee shall be maintained in a carry-over file and considered for two years, after which a person must be re-nominated to be considered.