- Coaches must provide the transportation coordinator with dates, times and locations of all away games for which you need a David Thomas coach bus or Metz school bus – once your game schedule has been approved. Please make note of any overnight stays. The transportation coordinator will contact coaches prior to each season and will request this information in a timely fashion.
- ANY request for alternate transportation (airline, rental vans, school vans, rental cars) must be discussed with an administrator for approval.
- Facilities Services maintains a fleet of vehicles (including mini-vans) that may occasionally be used for athletic travel. Please review the Fleet Vehicle Policy.
- NO 15-passenger vans may be used to transport Ursinus College students at ANY time.
- Only trained, certified drivers may transport students in 12-passenger vans. Coaches who plan to drive 12-passenger vans must see the Associate Athletic Director, watch a training video, and be cleared by a Motor Vehicle Driving Record Check (MVR). Information and signature form.
- Any athletics staff member who will be driving a rental vehicle on College business must sign the document found here and return it to the Environmental Health & Safety/Risk Manager.
- Team members shall travel to all contests with the team in college provided transportation. A team member may be granted permission to make other transportation arrangements by their head coach and must sign a Student-Athlete Travel waiver in advance.
- Consumption of alcohol and/or drugs during team travel is prohibited for all student-athletes and members of the athletic department.
- Requested Attire: Ursinus College student-athletes are treated as individual men and women. However, they are distinct members of a well-defined group, which represents the College both on and off campus. All student-athletes are expected to appear for contests in a manner which reflects positively upon Ursinus College. Presentable attire must be worn to all athletic events while representing the institution. Each team’s head coach will have discretion on type of dress for travel.