Enter your events into the Calendar on the web to promote them. all events roll up to main calendar and to the Good Morning, Ursinus newsletter.
From the Dashboard, click the Events tab.
If you are creating a new event, click the blue + Add new. Or you can click on the name of an existing event to edit.
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your event. A title and start date are required.
- Best practice: always put in a sentence in the summary field. Keep it brief.
Click Save when finished. You can also click Save and Go to Event for a preview that will open in a new tab.
Making Events Live
Unless changed, the default for events is hidden.
Click Hidden and change to Live, or when creating your event, you have the option to make the event Live as well.
It’s best practice to add an image to an event.
You can always check for shared images in the CMS if you don’t have one in your group.
Content entered into the summary appears under the title when widgets pull events on to a page and on the Event Slider Widgets
Keep summaries brief and do not repeat them in the body copy, this will duplicate on the event page.
Sharing Your Events and Finding Other Events to Add
Get the most out of your work by sharing your events with other groups!
- Enter other groups who might want to post or link to your event as well at the bottom of the Events story builder under Sharing and Privacy. (example: start typing Biology or Institute for inclusion and Equity or Human Resources in the field and the department groups will appear for you to select)
- You can always suggest to the Homepage group as well!
- Note that content shared with other groups will be approved by that group’s content manager.
- Learn more about Promoting your events and announcements on campus
How to find shared events (and stories has same process!) to add to your group:
- Go to Dashboard> Events> Get Shared Events
- Check box next to event that you want to appear on your department site
- Click on Link to checked event button at top of list (NOT the Copy into… button)
- Return to Your Events tab and you will see it there as a HIDDEN item.
- Mark LIVE and add any tags if needed – Save these changes.
We have 2 main default event widgets:
- 2019 Events List (calendar icon listing with no photos)
- 2019 Events Slider (both sidebar and main content options)
Events will automatically appear in the 2019 Events List widget when added and made live.
It will ONLY appear in the 2019 Events Slider (sidebar or main) IF there is a photo.
Event Widgets can be tailord by adding a TAG in the tags field in the dashboard when creating the event. Then, when you add an event widget to a page you can customize the widget to only show the tag you assigned it by assigning the tag in the top left corner of the insert the widget screen
Adding Events Widgets
To show events on your page, go to Insert on the toolbar and add a widget to the page. Then choose an events widget from the list of global widgets.
Below option only found on Homepage and in Specialized Template.