Add stories to your group to share on the Ursinus website.
From the Dashboard, click the Stories tab.
If you are creating a new story, click the blue + Add new. Or you can click on the name of an existing story to edit.
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your story. A title and summary are required. Images are HIGHLY encouraged.
Click Save when finished. You can also click Save and Go to Story for a preview that will open in a new tab.
Making Stories Live
Unless changed, the default for stories is hidden.
Click Hidden and change to Live, or when creating your story, you have the option to make the story Live as well.
It’s best practice to add an image to a story. Having an image is the ONLY WAY a starred or most recent story will show in the spotlighted story widget.
- Images should be photos or simply graphic/logo. Do not add flyers or images with a lot of text on the photos that accompany a story.
You can always check for shared images in the CMS if you don’t have one in your group.
- You can also choose to attach a gallery to the story. Make sure to add captions on the gallery images.
Content entered into the summary appears under the title when widgets pull stories on to a page.
Keep summaries brief and do not repeat them in the body copy, this will duplicate on the story page.
- Get the most out of your work by sharing your story with other groups.
- Enter other groups who might want to post or link to your story as well.
- You can always suggest to the Homepage group as well!
- Note that content shared with other groups will be approved by that group’s content manager.
Examples of Card Widgets
Please contact Erin Hovey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to add either of the card option below.
Story Cards Slider