Panopto is a robust lecture capture and video hosting platform.
You can use Panopto to pre-record lectures and store your videos in a video hosting platform that provides visually appealing layouts and robust transcript and search capabilities within your videos.
You can access Panopto by logging in to https://ursinus.hosted.panopto.com with your Ursinus credentials.
Panopto is also integrated in Canvas. You can enable Panopto in your Canvas courses by navigating to your course, clicking on Settings, and under the Navigation tab, selecting the three dots next to Panopto and choosing Enable. Then click Save.
- Record lectures and tutorials
- Record multiple screens, including your webcams, PowerPoints, computer screens, etc.
- Upload, edit, and organize your videos (including Zoom recordings) in Panopto’s video hosting platform
- Share your recorded videos with others
- Add captions, searchable transcripts, table of contents, notes, and quizzes to your videos
- Engage students in discussions about the video content within the hosting platform
Panopto Training Materials for Creators and Instructors
Internal Recorded Tutorials and Training Sessions
- Panopto Basics
- Using the Zoom and Panopto Integrations in Canvas
- Panopto Creator training session
- Panopto advanced editing training session
- Retaining Zoom Recordings in Panopto
Panopto Canvas and Zoom Integrations
- Using Panopto in Canvas
- Enabling Panopto in your Canvas courses
- Embed Panopto videos in Canvas
- Create a Panopto assignment folder for students to record videos in
- Create a Panopto video assignment in Canvas
- How to use a Panopto quiz as a Canvas assessment
- Hosting Zoom recordings in Panopto
How to Download
Managing and Editing Videos
- Changing your video availability settings
- Sharing a video
- Copying and moving videos
- Changing video title
- Adding automatic captions
- Adding a quiz to a video
- Allowing viewers to download your PowerPoints
- Editing videos
- Viewing video statistics
To access additional training resources, consult Panopto’s Support website. You can also sign up to attend one of their webinars. If you are prompted to sign in, please create an account and type in when asked to enter a site URL, please use ursinus.hosted.panopto.com.