Last week Governor Wolf outlined a process to slowly reopen Pennsylvania. Though Montgomery County and all of southeastern Pennsylvania remains under stay-at-home order from our governor, we continue to work closely with Montgomery County officials to monitor the situation. Since there is not a clear date when the stay-at-home order will be lifted, we are moving forward with plans that allow you to return to campus to retrieve your belongings with a staggered move-out plan.
The residence halls will be open on a scheduled appointment basis beginning on Monday, May 18, and will continue until Monday, June 8. An appointment is required to limit the number of people on campus in order to provide the safest possible move-out process for you, your family members who accompany you to campus and the rest of our community. Please understand there are stringent social distancing guidelines in place for this process.
Based on your feedback, we have extended the allotted time for a move to three hours. You are not permitted to sign up for the same slot as your roommates and/or suitemates. Before signing up, please discuss plans to come to campus at different dates and times. You will only be permitted to fill out the survey once. If you need to make a change to the time you signed up for, you will need to contact email@example.com to make different arrangements.
All resident students must complete this survey so that we know of all students’ plans: https://go.ursinus.edu/moveout2020. This survey also asks you to indicate if you have already moved out or have extenuating circumstances that require assistance from Ursinus (someone from Student Affairs will contact you shortly thereafter). If you sign up for a time to move out, but need assistance in developing a plan for larger common room items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that you consider the following three-tiered approach as you think about the move-out process. These instructions and procedures, which are based on CDC guidance, are designed to minimize risk for students, families, and other community members. They must be observed by everyone returning to campus.
Guidelines for you and anyone traveling to campus with you:
- You should not exhibit any signs of illness within two weeks of traveling to campus.
- You must bring and wear a face mask throughout the checkout process.
- You are encouraged to bring and wear gloves.
- You should always wash your hands after touching surfaces.
- You should bring your own cleaning and sanitation products.
Things to consider in the days prior to your return to campus:
- You may bring up to two people with you to assist with move-out.
- Allow enough travel time to arrive at your designated appointment time.
- Do not bring pets with you to move out.
- Bring your room key(s) and student ID.
- Bring an envelope for your keys with your first and last name, building and room number.
- There will be hand sanitizer available in each of the residence halls.
- Consult local storage rental agents if you choose to not take everything home. Students at Ursinus frequently use:
- Price’s Moving & Storage, 231 W Ridge Pike #1715, Royersford, PA 19468 Phone: 610-489-4000
- L&J Moving & Storage, 190 Yarnell Road, Pottstown, PA, 19465 Phone: 610-327-3100
- If you have an Ursinus laptop (and power adapter) or Library materials to return, you will need to bring them to Myrin Library during your checkout time. Please remember that you will need to wear your protective face mask to enter the library by the door facing Wismer.
- Maintain the six-foot social distancing guidelines with anyone you encounter.
- Use caution in stairwells. If you are going upstairs and someone is heading downstairs with items, please exit on the nearest floor and wait for them to pass by.
- Access your residence hall using your keys and/or student ID. Doors will be locked to limit foot traffic.
- Remove all belongings from the residence hall.
- Remove all trash from your room/suite and take it to the trash dumpsters for proper disposal. There is no trash disposal inside the residence halls.
- Check behind doors for items and electrical outlets for forgotten charger plugs.
- Pull out all drawers to check for items in the back and check under the bed for forgotten items.
- Close and lock windows. Pull all shades down.
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock your room door and suite door (if applicable).
- Bring your room key(s) to the foyer area of Campus Safety. Put keys in an envelope, seal it, and put it in the key box. There will be envelopes, pens and hand sanitizer available here.
- Any athlete who needs to access the locker room to clean out belongings will be able to do so at this time.
- Have a safe trip home.
Returning Ursinus Laptops or borrowed Library materials:
- If you have a “loaner laptop” borrowed from Technology Support in Myrin Library, bring it and your power adapter to the library when you return to campus for move-out.
- If you are a senior who has a laptop as part of the Student Laptop Program, you should respond to the survey sent to your Ursinus email address (you may either return the laptop to Myrin Library during the move-out, or you may purchase it at a discount). See the email and survey for details.
- If you have borrowed library materials, please return them to Myrin Library as well.
Returning Textbook Rentals
- Since the store is closed, textbook returns are being done through the mail. This will keep everyone healthy and safe. Returns cannot be done in person. You will need your order number. On May 4, you received an email with your order number and a link to print a free shipping label.
- If you cannot find your order number, contact the bookstore at email@example.com.
- You can also print a free return label here.
- Bring a box or shipping envelope and your label with you. Packages can be dropped off at any UPS store. There is a UPS Store located close to campus at 130 W Main Street, Suite 114, Collegeville, PA 19426. They have been consistently open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday during the stay-at-home order.
For those of you who may be traveling a bit longer and may need overnight accommodations, we’re pleased to share news that our local Homewood Suites by Hilton has agreed to offer a discounted family suite rate at $89 through the end of June.