Career and Post-Graduate Development wants to wish you the best as you complete the spring semester. We also want you to know that advisors are available to meet online to discuss your summer plans, including internships. This summer, students can seek credit for remote experiences in addition to in-person experiences. Below is an outline of the steps students need to complete for the credit process, plus a reminder of the June 12th deadline.
Questions regarding the approval of your internship experience should be directed to your faculty internship advisor since their department will be approving the credits for the Registrar. Please schedule an appointment on Handshake with a career advisor if you would like to discuss your summer options or would like to clarify any of the steps for the credit process.
The Career and Post-Graduate Development Team
Internship Basics for the credit process:
You can find all of the details about the internship process on the CPD website.
- Register for the internship course with your UC Faculty Internship Advisor. Confirm that your faculty advisor has sent an email to the Registrar authorizing your registration.
- Complete the Internship Learning Agreement, ILA online. You will complete your portion and then the Site Supervisor and UC Faculty Internship Advisor portions will be emailed directly to the email addresses you provide in the form.
- For summer 2020, complete the Internship Waiver and Release form.
- Complete theInternship PREP course on Canvas. Once you are officially registered, the PREP course will automatically appear on your Canvas account. This course is all online and designed to be completed before you start your internship. Internship PREP will open on Canvas 1-2 weeks before the semester begins.
- Complete a survey about your experience. This will be emailed to you near the end of the summer and will include reflection on the ILA regarding your learning objectives and future plans.
Note: there are also requirements for the Department providing credit for the internship. Please reach out to your UC Faculty Internship Advisor for a description of those requirements.