Start your new year and semester off right! Re-assess your home or work office setup to maintain proper body alignment, personal comfort, and physical well-being. Check out all the available resources here.
If you are working from home,
- Designate a specific area that has limited distractions and natural lighting, if available.
- Use a work surface that is 28-30 inches high.
- Use a chair that supports your lower back.
- Utilize a keyboard and mouse when using a laptop for an extended period.
- Raise the laptop height by using books, reams of paper, or another sturdy object so that you view the screen at or near the top.
- Take micro-breaks every hour.
- Stretch frequently and re-adjust in your chair or standing position.
Need further assistance? Contact Carol McMillin at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an in-person (if on campus) or virtual (if working remotely) ergonomic assessment.