Zoom provides AI-powered live transcription for Ursinus Faculty and Staff (Zoom Pro) accounts.
Captioning can be enabled by the host, and any participants can view the captioning as needed. Live transcription only supports English and it is recommended that you speak clearly for best results.
Enabling closed captions in Zoom Meetings
Enable CC settings in your Zoom Web Portal
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal
- In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Navigate to the “In Meeting (Advanced)” settings
- Verify that Closed Caption is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, click Turn On to verify the change.
- With Closed Captioning enabled, the option to enable live transcription should appear directly below as “Enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side panel in-meeting”.
- Check “Enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side panel in-meeting” to enable live AI transcription
- Press “Save” to save the change.
Starting closed captioning or live transcription in a meeting
- In a Zoom meeting or webinar that you are hosting, click “Live Transcript” (Closed Caption) in your Zoom toolbar, if that feature is been enabled.
- Press “Enable Auto-Transcription”: The system will start providing live transcription. Participants will be notified that this service is available.