Located in West Chester, PA, Community Volunteers in Medicine provides free coordinated healthcare to low-income individuals and families who have no other place to turn for care in Chester County. As a non-profit, supported 100% through philanthropy, CVIM is committed to remaining the safety net provider for medical and dental care in our community.
In the past, Ursinus students have volunteered at this center while receiving credits in SPAN-381 (“Internship”).
CVIM is interested in bilingual students in Spanish to perform the following responsibilities:
- Making Spanish patient calls for eligibility
- Maintaining the Spanish patients on the waiting lists
- Responsible for the Spanish patient line at the front desk
- Greeting and signing in Spanish patients and working the front desk
- Medical interpretation for a variety of medical practitioners
- Special project as assigned
- Spanish new patient call backs
- Assists the clinician with Spanish patient call backs for clinical results
For more information about CVIM, see this Fast Facts Sheet.
If you are interested, please contact Dr. De Arana at the Modern Language Department.