March 31, 2016
In this Podcast:
• Should marijuana be a schedule 1 substance?
• Importance of figuring out where marijuana fits in a continuum
• The challenges of talking about the marijuana politically
• The importance of being willing to change your mind
• Thoughts on legalization of marijuana
Sponsored by the Center For Science and the Common Good. Kevin P. Hill, M.D., MHS, is an addiction psychiatrist conducting clinical research aimed at developing medications and behavioral interventions that might help those who want to stop smoking marijuana or cigarettes.
Dr. Hill received a prestigious federal K99/R00 grant award from the National Institute on Drug Abuse to test the efficacy of a synthetic marijuana-like compound, nabilone, as a medication for patients with marijuana dependence.
Dr. Hill earned a Masters in Health Science from the Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program at Yale and has published on numerous topics in addiction. His book, Marijuana: The Unbiased Truth About the World’s Most Popular Weed, was released by Hazelden Publishing in March 2015.