November 10, 2017
Ursinus Homecoming 2017 was a whirlwind of excitement as alumni members of 14 Greek/Extracurricular Organizations, eight reunion classes and numerous athletics programs reunited with hundreds of other alumni to celebrate the place so near and dear to their hearts. Below are some of the highlights and photos from the Weekend:
- Homecoming weekend commenced with the opening of the Berman Museum of Art exhibit Real Estate: Dwelling in Contemporary Art, a contemporary collection of photography, sculptures, videos, etc. pertaining to the art and history of architecture and “real estate vernacular.”
- The Ursinus Football team went 3-0 against Juniata with a final Homecoming game score of 35-28.
- The annual Bears’ Brews and Bites tailgate, the Class Reunion Brunch and the Class Reunion Dinner united hundreds of alumni, celebrating with excellent food and fun.
- Café Nia, hosted by Sankofa Unoja Nia (SUN), showcased a myriad of student performances including music, dance and spoken word in Lower Wismer on Saturday evening. SUN focuses on the “promotion of educational and cultural programming pertaining to African/African-African American ancestry” (SUN).
- A new opportunity to “Archive your UC Memories” appeared at the Library this year, allowing alumni to record anecdotes about their time at UC on video.
- Nine Ursinus Athletics Alumni were inducted into the Hall of Fame for Athletics, including Mississippi State Bulldogs football coach and 2017 Commencement speaker Dan Mullen ’94, and Blanche B. Schultz ’41 Award recipient Gary Canner.
By Emily Cooper ’15
Homecoming and Reunion Weekend 2017
Save the date for this year’s Homecoming and Family Weekend, taking place September 21-23, 2018.