January 25, 2018
This juried annual award is open for submissions by anyone majoring in Music. Submission materials are due by Monday, March 25th.
- Score submissions must be made in PDF format and include a MIDI recording of the score.
- Electronic audio submissions must be in mp3 format.
- Submissions must not be more than 5 minutes in length and should also be accompanied by a brief program note (explaining the origin/intent of the piece).
- Any text/lyrics must either be original, used by permission, or from the public domain.*
- For electronic pieces, any musical materials used must originate from royalty free sources.
- Submissions will be anonymized before being evaluated by faculty panel. The winning composition will be chosen for adherence to the criteria above, creativeness, and quality of the composition.
*Text used by permission/public domain should be correctly cited on the score title page.
Submit materials to Amy Gerberich firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, March 25th.